Important Dates – CBSE UGC NET July 2018
Submission of online application form ⇒ 05.03.2018
Last date for Applying Online ⇒ 05.04.2018
Last date of submission of Fee ⇒ 06.04.2018
Correction in Particulars of application form on the website 25/04/2018 to 01/05/2018
Date of Examination ⇒ 08.07.2018
Before submission of the online Application Form, the candidate should read this notification carefully.
- On behalf of UGC, the Central Board of Secondary Education announces holding of the National Eligibility Test(NET) on 08th JULY, 2018 (SUNDAY)for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects spread across the country.
- The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of NET in aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF. Candidate appearing in NET should clearly specify in the prescribed Application Form whether they are applying for both JRF& Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR only for eligibility for Assistant Professor. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may
- The result of the UGC-NET to be held on 08th July 2018 will be made available on the websites: cbsenet.nic.in as and when it is declared. The candidate will not be individually intimated about their result. The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
- Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/Persons with Disability(PwD)/Other Backward Classes(OBC)(Non creamy layer), as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website: ncbc.nic.in, candidate will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the UGC.
2) JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP:
Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive the fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is three years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates who have already joined M. Phil./ Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
3) CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (on the website:https://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/consolidated%20list%20of%20All%20universities.pdf) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 20) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non Creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD (persons with disability)) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their Masters degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET (i.e. Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/OBC –NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item 14 (on page 12-13), may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be canceled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (aiu.ac.in)
Get here: Updated Syllabus of All subjects
4) AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION:
- Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 30 years as on 07.2018. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant
5) EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
6) EXAMINATION FEE AND MODE OF PAYMENT:
Category General Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy
SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender Examination Fee Rs. 1000/- Rs. 500/- Rs. 250/-
- The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit/ debit card or through e- challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan the payment should be made in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank. In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card the additional processing charges as following will also be debited from the credit/debit card of the
- Credit card: – 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.Debit Card: – 0.75% of examination fee plus the service tax as applicable
- After filling all the details for applying online for NET, the candidate will have the option to select the mode of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating their details therein.
- The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at CBSE website (cbsenet.nic.in) and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page. In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:-
- If the fee is paid through e-challan be depositing cash in the above mentioned bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website.
- If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is canceled and the amount will be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within a week. Such candidates have to pay the fee once again.
Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- SCHEME AND DATE OF TEST:
i)The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 08th July, 2018 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
|Number of Question
50 questions all are
|1 Hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST
100 questions all are
|2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST
Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
All the questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I & Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Previous Year Question Papers – CBSE UGC NET